No Rum Balls
- ½ cup raw mixed nuts
- ½ cup dried fruit (Apricots, cranberries, raisins)
- ½ cup puffed quinoa (or millet or rice)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons plus ½ cup sesame seeds plus ½ cup
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (sugar free)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
In a food processor blend the raw mixed nuts into smaller chucks. Set aside. Next blend the dried fruit, until they are reduced to smaller pieces.
Place the mixed nuts, quinoa, coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds into the blender with the dried fruit then blitz to combine. Now add the tahini and honey and blend until combined. You may need to scrape down the sides with a spoon if it appears to be sticking.
With wet hands, grab a generous tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and coat in the desiccated coconut or sesame seeds. Store in an airtight container.